It's fun and easy to make your own salt water taffy. Enjoy our recipes below or submit your favorites!
Jeff from New York City, New York was kind enough to email our staff this organic salt water taffy recipe for publishing. This recipe calls for completely organic ingredients and I even listed the organic brands that we used in order to help you purchase the exact type of ingredients that we used.
2 Huge Tablespoons Of Organic Raw Coconut Butter
1 Cup Of Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Light Corn Syrup
1 Huge Teaspoon Of Organic Himalayan Salt
3/4 Cup Of Fresh Premium Spring Water
1 Teaspoon Of Certified Organic Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Of Rapunzel Brand Organic Cornstarch
2 Cups Of Organic Granulated White Cane Sugar
Serving Size 12
106 Calories Per Serving
4 Grams Of Fat
1. For step one take out a nonstick saucepan. Pour into the vessel the organic granulated white cane sugar and Rapunzel brand organic cornstarch. Carefully sift these two ingredients together until they’re nice and even. Feel free to use your own favorite brand of organic cornstarch.
2. For step two please pour into your saucepan the organic raw coconut butter, fresh premium spring water, organic Himalayan salt, and the Wholesome Sweeteners organic light corn syrup. Briskly stir these ingredients into a nice smooth and creamy salt water taffy batter. Again you can use your own choice of organic ingredient brands.
3. Moving along to step three you will now want to place your saucepan on to your stove top and set the burner temperature to medium. While your tasty organic taffy batter is heating be sure to slowly and continually stir it. Once the batter is nice and creamy you can move on to the next step.
4. For the fourth step you will need to add a candy thermometer into your organic taffy batter. Allow the core taffy base temperature to rise up to the soft crack level of 270 degrees Fahrenheit or 133 degrees Celsius. You’ll know this temperature has been reached when the taffy batter begins to boil.
5. For step five please remove your hot saucepan from the stove and turn off your burner. Immediately stir into the batter the certified organic vanilla extract. If you would like to color the taffy with an organic all natural food coloring then this would be the time to do so.
6. For the sixth step please take out a large baking sheet and evenly grease it’s surface with a light layer of organic coconut butter. Once it’s buttered up go ahead and pour your hot organic taffy batter into the vessel. Allow the batter to completely cool to room temperature over the course of an hour or two. Use more than one greased baking sheet if you need to.
7. The seventh step involves pulling your cooled organic taffy. Try and solicit the help of family and friends for this fun process as it will go by much quicker than if you were to do it all by yourself. Pull, stretch, tug, and yank the taffy until it’s a tough and shiny looking. Don’t forget to add a little coconut butter to your hands before you start the pulling process.
8. Now that your taffy has been pulled, go ahead and roll it out into long thin half inch thick strands. Using a coconut buttered knife chop the taffy strands into small bite size pieces or chunks. Let the cut taffy sit at room temperature for another half hour so that it can properly set before you wrap it all.
9. For the final step you will want to wrap each individual organic taffy piece with a nonstick wax wrapper. Regardless of whether or not you make these wrappers yourself or if you buy them premade, do be absolutely sure to use high quality wax paper only. If you use poor quality wax paper the taffy will stick to it when you attempt to unwrap the candy. Store your finished taffy in a cool dark place.
We hope you enjoyed this unique organic salt water taffy recipe. If you have any questions about the ingredients or the preparation process then do be sure to post a comment down below in the comments section. Also be sure and let us know what you thought about this one. If you have any suggestions for making the recipe more delicious then again just leave a comment down below.